Is it time for a new AC in your Vancouver home?
Buying a new AC unit is one of the most exciting investments you will make for your home so it is important to do sufficient research before taking the initiative to invest in buy a air conditioner for your Vancouver home.
Guidelines for New AC Sales:
- Contact Climate Change YVR to ask questions about AC unit options
- Ensure that you ask the contactor about AC sizes to help you find the perfect fit; this can be done by doing a load calculation. When inquiring about a load calculation it is recommended to ask for an energy audit as well.
- Discuss the energy efficiency ratio (EER) with your contractor; the higher the EER, the more efficient your unit will be, thus resulting in more cool air that uses less energy.
- The seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) is another good topic to discuss with your contractor. This rating will determine the average cold air output from your unit over a typical cooling season. The SEER ratings range from 14 minimum and can go to a maximum of 21 or 25.
- Be sure to ask your contractor about annual maintenance for the new AC unit. Annual tune-ups will ultimately keep your unit running at its optimum efficiency, ultimately increasing its lifespan.
- Discuss any possible rebates with your contractor, and be sure to inquire about the warranties offered on the unit itself and the labour that goes with it.
- Ensure your air ducts are properly sealed and insulated. This will keep the air in and not waste energy.
- Look into a programmable thermostat, which can reduce cooling costs by scheduling your unit to be on when you are home and off when you are gone for the day. Ceiling fans are also a great way to help your unit work less, thus saving energy, by pushing the cold air down.
- Always inquire about any filters your unit may have and ask to be shown how to properly install filters to ensure you will do it safely and correctly going forward. It’s a good idea to have a supply of filters on hand.
With over 3 decades of experience and countless happy clients, you can trust Climate Change YVR to take care of your HVAC needs, and easily guide you through the process of buying a new Air Conditioner in Vancouver
Will the New Air Conditioner unit require yearly maintenance?
– Yes, typically we recommend yearly service to keep each unit running smoothly, which will ultimately prolong its life. Ask your technician what kind of maintenance they provide on the AC unit after installation.
There is basic maintenance you can do on your air conditioner to keep it functioning properly to prolong its life. Things such as regularly changing your air filter, winterizing it, and scheduled annual servicing will ensure your unit will run and hopefully live out its years with no additional repair costs.
Adding air conditioning to your home can be a complex job, and with complex circumstances come a lot of questions.
Climate Change YVR offers clients a free quote for buy air conditioner Vancouver and 24/7 service to ensure that no one is ever left in the heat. We promise to bring comfort back into our clients’ lives; with over 20 years of experience and a team of trained and certified technicians, we are the industry leaders here to handle any AC services in your Vancouver home.